Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Look at this beautiful horse


The Gypsy Horse  is also known as an Irish cob, Gypsy Cob, Gypsy Vanner, Coloured Cob or Tinker horse.

The breed originates from the UK and Ireland. Members of the breed come in a variety of colors but predominantly are of piebald coloring and have many draft characteristics, including heavy bone and abundant feathering on the lower legs.

There is no exact known history of the Gypsy Cob. It is believed by some that the Gypsy Cobs are descended from a combination of Shires, Clydesdales, Friesians, and Dales Ponies with their origins in the Romani gypsy community of the United Kingdom.

Source

2 comments:

Keith Andrea said...

.,oh I never saw a horse like this before., thanks for sharing the info.


Dog Fence at Petstreetmall

Unknown said...

After read a couple of the articles on your website these few days, and I truly like your style of blogging. I tag it to my favorites internet site list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my web site also and let me know what you think. Best Coffee Makers