Tuesday, June 24, 2008

What's the big deal?

As an avid traveler, I've seen dogs in cafes and restaurants in many locations around the world. Just about anywhere but Chicago, it's totally acceptable to bring your dog out with you for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. In Paris, I've seen dogs indoors, sitting right at the table, eating off a plate! In Chicago, as of January 1, 2008, state law allows for dogs in restaurants, provided that the restaurant obtains license approval, registration, and posts a notice that dogs are allowed. But according to a recent article in Crain's Chicago Business, "Taking Names: Gibsons, RL don't jump to allow dogs," some local eateries seem to be dragging their feet. The city says there's no wait time — presuming a restaurant has no debt and there are no administrative issues — to receive the $450 dog-friendly license, so why isn't every Chicago restaurant with an outdoor eating area licensed already? Our nice weather season is so short! Starbucks in San Diego, CA. Restaurant sidewalk cafe in Nürnberg, Germany. Outdoor restaurant, Szentendre, Hungary. Starbucks outside of the Long Wharf Marriot, in Boston, MA. The Prado restaurant in Balboa Park, San Diego, CA.

9 comments:

Sports Haven said...

Most of the time, I'd rather sit at a table with a dog, then at a table with obnoxious kids.

Matt said...

Dogs tend to make better table mates then most people do.

Anonymous said...

I always take me dog for cafe's and restaurants during the day - he get a fresh bowl of water and a lot of attention and both of us really enjoy ourselves.
I never had any complaints before

Julie said...

I would take my dog too, if I had one.

Scarlett said...

Hello! i live in a pretty dog-friendly city, but still find that i can't take him inside any restaurant. outside is ok. my jack russell is like my child, so i prefer to have him with me as much as possible. this is cool though, that in some places you can take them in! it's too hot out in summer so i have to think ahead what i'm going to be doing and can he go inside with me? cuz it's H - O doubt T out there right now!

check us out at
www.michaeldogblog.blogspot.com

Sproter Crati said...

I believe this is one of the so much vital info for me. And i'm satisfied studying your article. However wanna observation on few basic issues, The site taste is wonderful, the articles is in point of fact nice : D.

Just right process, cheers.

Thinkpads
Otomotive

Lillian Cruz said...

Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.

Click Here
Visit Web

MiltonBaker said...

There are some interesting points in time in this article but I don’t know if I see all of them center to heart. There is some validity but I will take hold opinion until I look into it further. Good article, thanks and we want more! Added to FeedBurner as well

Evensi.com
F6s.com

Eileen Price said...

I’d have to check with you here. Which is not something I usually do! I enjoy reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!

Spyropress.com
Information
Click Here
Visit Web