Thursday, June 5, 2008

How do you do, pudu?

The Brevard Zoo, in Melbourne, FL, released photos Wednesday of a Chilean pudu born at the zoo on May 21. The female is currently about seven inches long and weighs just over one pound. At birth, she only weighted 475 grams. Born to Lola and Elroy, the newborn is the parents' first offspring together. The pudu is found in South America in the southern Andes of Chile and Argentina. Habitat destruction by logging and introduction of larger deer into the pudu habitat is threatening their survival. Source: wftv.com

2 comments:

puduloverluk@mi said...

Oh my gosh I just looooovveee pudii!!! I just want to grab my knife and spork and dig in to a deliciously romantic pudu dinner in my HEARTUMS. Where would this world BE without the Chilean Pudu??? Big hug, big kiss, little hug, little kiss for pudu. xoxoxoxo

Sproter Crati said...

Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.

Allevents.in
Information