Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wonderful doggie poetry

Haiku is an ancient and revered art form. What kind of haiku would be composed by a dog? They say integrity is its own reward. Wrong. I like pig ears. They say old habits die hard. Wrong. Bruce Willis dies hard. Old habits last forever. Why no dog congress? 'Cuz we can't stop sniffing butts. Oh wait! That's the same.
Dog-ku: Very Clever Haikus Cleverly Written by Very Clever Dogs, written by Steve D. Marsh is the most charmingly funny book I have read in ages. The haiku are clever and humorous. Many pages contain pictures of some very cute dogs. I brought the book to work today. My coworkers and I spent way, way too much time reading the poems out loud to each other and laughing at them. Here are some of our favorites :
I am not howling. It is country music and I'm singing along. Accidental poop Left by your bedside with love. Why do you step there? I don't shed that much. Just enough to decorate Your brand-new dress pants.