Friday, October 31, 2008

There's a good reason for 'keep out' sign

A volunteer at a US animal sanctuary has died after he was savaged by a 1,000-pound liger - a rare cross between a lion and a tiger. Peter Getz, 32, suffered fatal puncture wounds in his neck and back as Rocky, who weighs twice that of an ordinary lion and is 20 times more powerful than a human, pounced on him during feeding time. An investigation was under way into why Mr Getz, an accomplished big cat keeper, broke with protocol and entered Rocky's enclosure at Safari's Animal Sanctuary in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. Bleeding heavily, he hauled himself out of the enclosure with help from two fellow keepers but collapsed outside and was airlifted to hospital, where he died.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

After read a couple of the articles on your website these few days, and I truly like your style of blogging. I tag it to my favorites internet site list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my web site also and let me know what you think. Agen Sbobet

Ariana Richardo said...

Your place is valueble for me. Thanks!…

Click Here
Producthunt.com

Alan Miller said...

Would you be interested in exchanging links?

Click Here
Visit Web
Support.advancedcustomfields.com

LeviFisher said...

An interesting discussion is worth comment. I think that you should write more on this topic, it might not be a taboo subject but generally people are not enough to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers

Wishlistr.com
Information
Click Here

Miguel Long said...

I’d have to check with you here. Which is not something I usually do! I enjoy reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!

Saigon-ict.edu.vn
Information
Click Here
Visit Web

Irene Berry said...

You should take part in a contest for one of the best blogs on the web. I will recommend this site!

Truedungeon.com
Information
Click Here
Visit Web