Wednesday, February 9, 2011

This is not right

This is a KatKabin, an outdoor cat house.

"A unique and innovative cat shelter that provides your cat with all the warmth, comfort & safety it is used to indoors. Standing above the ground, it provides a warm, cozy and shaded insulated den for napping, stretching and relaxing. Your cat is protected from the weather in a sturdy and purpose-made home. The opening also has a conventional clip-on cat flap that can be attached or removed depending on the season or your cat’s preference."
Why, why, why - would any responsible cat owner allow their pet to live OUTSIDE? Look, here's one, begging to come in! At Amazon.com for $99.00.

1 comment:

Doris Sturm said...

That's what I always say - but where I live here, just about everyone thinks cats are outside creatures. I wish I had some of those cat houses for the strays, so they'd have a warm place to sleep at night.

I feed the strays and one has adopted me and I let him sleep inside in the spare bedroom away from Gizzy because my dog always has and forever will hate cats...yes, it's been proven over and over and over again - but, I feed the strays and help as much as I can. It makes me sad to see them being treated that way! There's still a lot of ignorance in this world when it comes to pet ownership.