Now, at a time when much of the auto industry is going to the dogs, Honda is actively chasing dogs. The company has designed a Dog Friendly version of its Element, a vehicle that was shown at this month's New York Auto Show. Honda says the vehicle will go on sale this fall. The special package likely will contain:
- A cushioned pet bed in the cargo area on an elevated platform.
- An extendable loading ramp. (Did you ever try and lift a Shepherd into an SUV?)
- A 12-volt rear ventilation fan.
- Second row seat covers in a dog-pattern that matches the pet bed fabric.
- A spill-resistant bowl and all-season rubber mats with a bone pattern.
- Special Edition emblems.