Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Obama Presents Global Economic Recovery Plan to a Resistant G-20 While Holding Adorable Puppy

In the face of international resistance to the U.S. role in resolving the global economic crisis, President Barack Obama raised his arts of persuasive communication to new heights, delivering his latest comments to the G-20 while cradling the puppy he plans to give to his daughters Sasha and Malia. “This will be a difficult time for all citizens of our global community,” the president acknowledged. “But if you will look with me into the eyes of this achingly cute Portuguese water dog, I think you’ll find all the hope and reassurance you’ll need.” At a press conference following Mr. Obama’s speech, a nonplussed international press corps responded with a flurry of forceful questions such as: “Can I hold him, Mr. Obama? Please, please, can I?” One Russian journalist was particularly aggressive in her questioning: “Pretty pretty please? Can I? Can I? With … how do you say, sugar on top?” Read more (via God's Politics)

No comments: