There's a rather well known joke among pet owners, The Dog Rules, which states: The dog never sleeps on the bed. Period.
- Ok, the dog can sleep at the foot of the bed only.
- Ok, the dog can sleep along side you, but he is not allowed under the covers.
- Ok, the dog can sleep under the covers, but not with his head on your pillow.
- Ok, the dog can sleep along side you, under the covers with his head on your pillow, but if he snores, he's got to leave the room.
- Ok, the dog can sleep and snore and fart and have nightmares in your bed, but he's not to come in and sleep on the couch in the TV room, where you're now sleeping. That's just not fair.