Friday, June 8, 2012

To All the Dogs I’ve Loved Before

I give total credit for these lovely lyrics to  Something Wagging This Way Comes

To all the dogs I’ve loved before
Who’ve pooped and peed all o’er my floor
I’m glad they came along
I dedicate this song
To all the dogs I’ve loved before

To all the dogs I once harnessed
And took for walks in wet darkness
While playing in the snow
Your cuteness seemed to grow
To all the dogs I’ve loved before

 The winds of change are always blowing
Oh how I wish you all could stay
The winds of change continue blowing
I love each one of you always

These lyrics made me remember all the lovely four-legged friends who have been a part of my life and in the lives of my family. Sometimes they stay with us only a very short time, but their influence is life-long.

 Like this:


This is one of my favorite photos of my granddaughter, Ava. She's playing with Hershey, a rescue puppy. adopted by her mom and dad. Sadly, Hershey died just a few days after this photo was taken - less than a week after she was adopted. Hershey died from canine parvovirus.

Ava was only four at the time and only had Hershey to play with for a few days, but she still talks about her and remembers how much she loved her puppy.



Photos: Julie Corsi

1 comment:

Pamela said...

It's never easy to lose a friend is it?

I'm glad you like my silly song. Thanks for the shout out.