Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Interspecies Love: A man and his duck

ECHO PARK, LOS ANGELES -- In recent months the popular lap around Echo Park Lake has included a man and a goose, and together, they make for one unlikely love story. "I never thought I'd be 65 years old and in love with a goose," said Dominic Ehrler. Ehrler would take his daily walks, and pretty soon, the goose, nicknamed Maria by locals, was shadowing him every time he showed up. Maria sticks by Erhler's side, even soaring alongside his red scooter as he rides home for the day. Source

1 comment:

Doris Sturm said...

This is touching! I can totally imagine that because I've made friend with Victoria, the Canada goose and she knew her name and came to me as soon as I walked to the lake - she was actually quite smart - for a goose!