Tuesday, November 13, 2007

She was "thrilled"

On this season's deer opener, a Minnesota woman shot one of the rarest kinds around; an albino deer. Mary Rakotz of Avon got the 6-point buck on Saturday in Mille Lacs County. She said it was thrilling to see the rare animal, but 100 times more exciting to be able to actually take it home. "I had heard that it might be in the area, so I thought that here was my chance of a lifetime. So I had to creep a little bit, probably about 40 yards, to get a good place where I could steady myself a little bit. But then I did that and shot and it went right down," said Rakotz. (Albino deer are so uncommon that it's actually illegal to hunt them in at least seven states.) Is it any wonder that so many creatures have been hunted to extinction with idiots like this in the world?

No comments: